Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dead and Gone Book Review

>> Thursday, January 7, 2010


Dead and Gone is the ninth book in the Sookie Stackhouse series.
 Here are the previous Reviews:
Dead Until Dark
Living Dead In Dallas
Club Dead
Dead to the World

Dead as a Doornail

Definitely Dead
All Together Dead
From Dead to Worse
A Touch of Dead


Again I had a little trouble remembering what came from the books and what came from True Blood. Especially when Eric talked about his origins and Sam went to see his mom who passed shifting to him. I think it is partially because it has been so long since I read the first books.

Just another WARNING that if you have not read the first eight books you may get some spoilers. You do need to read the other books or you won't get a thing that is going on.

This book was so much fun I didn't want it to end. Some of that is because I am a huge fan of Eric Northman and he played his role perfectly in this book. You see a lot of Sam the shape-shifter as the weres have come out of the closet. His step-dad promptly shoots his mother when she changes and Sam has to leave town to help his family. Shortly after he leaves Sookie to manage the bar a were-panther is crucified in the parking lot at Merlot's. Sookie's x-friend quit Arlene quit the bar and is out to get Sookie because of the were news. On top of that Eric tricks Sookie into some sort of wierd vampire marriage to keep her safe from the new vampire regime.

This all happens fairly early in the book but the real excitement is when Nial comes to visit Sookie and lets her know she is in danger because there is a war going on in fairyland and has spilled over into her world. Nial's enemies are after her and she now needs protection. So guess who makes another appearance ...... Bubba! I missed him. On top of that she has Eric and Bill and a few weres and Amelia the witch to protect her.

This book deserves five stars out of five I was very happy with it and the question you are left with at the end just peaks your interest all that much more. I am still rooting for Sookie to be with Eric but Sam comes in a close second for me. I like Eric because she seems to feel really safe with him and he is also as independent as she is. I have really liked him since he lost his memory.

2 comments:

  • Jeff King
     

    Awesome thx for the advice...

    I'll put it on my list to read.

  • Dewi Saraswati
     

    hi..........
    is my first time to visit here, wow ur site is good, and greats articles too. can we make a friends with dropper ec, maybe someday i'll find something to make me rich about knowledge. thanks

    is u have a time, can you comment to in my post or articles in my blog?, i hope u can visit me too my friends.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations