Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Hollows Series by Kim Harrison

>> Sunday, May 27, 2012

I loved this series by Kim Harrison and I fully plan to finish it someday. I have read more books than I have reviewed here. The last few book I read were right in a row and I couldn't remember where one ended and the other began.

I am going to be honest with you though while I enjoyed the first book I did not like Rachel Morgan the main character at all. What drew me into the series was how Rachel grows into a better decision maker and learns to control here crazy impulses without sacrificing her sassy, confident attitude. I had three books when I started the series and I figured I had to finish them so I started the second book and just couldn't put it down. With each book I began to love many of the side characters and love to hate some of the others. I also developed a fondness for Rachel and the predicaments she gets herself into.

With all the fantasy in these books you get a up close an personal look inside the lives of these characters. Kim Harrison does an amazing job creating real world problems related to living in a magical environment. You can't  beat a story with a witch, a pixie, and a vampire in a world where tomatoes brought on a sickness that nearly wiped out the human race revealing the existence  of supernatural beings who were not affectd by the disease.

Check out my review for the first book here.
The rest of the completed book reviews can be found here but you will have to scroll down they are in the order of last read so you will want to read the bottom post first and be careful not to learn too much about books you have not read.


1 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations