Friday, November 2, 2012

Clean Sweep By Ilona Andrews Discussion

>> Friday, November 2, 2012

So I started reading the new serial fiction  Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews and I have decided I seriously have to set a timer to stop reading if I want to get anything done.

I have only read chapter one part 1&2 thus far but that is only because I really have to complete other things and not get caught up in this amazing story. As I have come to expect from these authors there is never a dull moment.

The opening is just the right amount of mystery and intrigue and of course a bit of violence to get you started. I really love the way we get little bits and pieces of things that are really important but just enough to make you feel the NEED to read on.  Click here to read the first section and then if you wish come back here and we can discuss it in the comments.

I was planning on working on these one post at a time so please keep your discussions limited to the section in this blog post (chapter one part 1&2) so there are no spoilers for those who have not read that far along in the story. Tell me what you liked and what you didn't like and why! I can't wait to hear from you.

Happy reading!

Carrie
Tastefully Simple Independent Consultant
www.tastefullysimple.com/web/csund

3 comments:

  • allotments4you
     

    I went over and had a read of the chapters. I have never read anything by Ilona Andrews so to be able to have a 'sneak peek' so to speak was great for me. I really enjoyed what I read. Of course I guessed instantly 'werewolf' but that's OK as it was obvious just a few more lines down that I was supposed to.

    I think it is greatly written and agree with you in that there is just enough info to keep you reading.

    Is this sort of thing typical of Andrews writings? Do you have a particular book/series of hers which you would recommend over others??

    I am looking for a new author to purchase for My Mum and sister for Christmas....maybe even my Dad...would they suit a male reader??

  • sundcarrie
     

    I would recommend the Kate Daniels series and considering Ilona and her hubby write the books I do thing they are good for male readers. If my hubby was a reader he would have read them but he would rather I just tell him about them.
    Their writing is typically in filled with action and violence and a mystery that unfolds just a little at a time. In the Kate Daniels series it took quite a few books before you knew what Kate was and it is still unfolding what she is capable of.

  • Tanya.
     

    Sounds like a good way to go then, I always find it harder to find something I think my Dad will like so I will get him a couple of these. Which is the first in the series?

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations