Friday, February 12, 2010

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews

>> Friday, February 12, 2010

I really can't wait for this book to come out. I really loved the first three books in this series. You can click on the titles for my reviews:
Magic Bites
Magic Burns
Magic Strikes

I loved this series because Kate Daniels is such a mystery. The forth book Magic Bleeds will be available in May which seems like a very long wait to me. If I had to pick my favorite series since starting this blog this would have to be it. What I really like about this series is that it has a lot of magic and mystery and proves that a book can be awesome without all the sex. I find a lot of the books I read are so full of sex that it takes away from the story. A properly placed love scene is fine in my book but sometimes they are just over the top and too much. Like long drawn out sex scenes in a teen novel. Sometimes it seems like the author didn't have enough material for this book so they but in twelve sex scenes. Okay maybe not twelve but I have felt like that in some of the Sookie Stackhouse books while I loved the books I could have done with half the sex or less. Don't get me wrong there is a love story brewing in these books it is done well and it seems to be moving along. I guess I like the girl who wants the man to chase her instead of the girl who hops in bed with every man she meets.

I also loved these books because each book reveals a little more of the power that Kate has. Kate doesn't know the full potential of her powers and she usually has to get into a tight spot before they manifest on their own. She is learning as you are learning and it keeps things interesting.

So if you don't own these yet head on over to Amazon or your local bookstore and pick them up!

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations