Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Magic Bites By Ilona Andrews

>> Wednesday, May 6, 2009


Magic Bites is amazing, it creates a new world where magic and technology are at war with each other. Kate the main character is a mercenary working to keep magic gone wrong at bay.


She lives in a world that produces magic waves. When a magic wave hits, little technology works so they have to create alternatives such as magic powered light and cars that run on water. Andrews puts a great amount of detail into creating this world and here efforts made me feel like I was right in the middle of Kates’ world.

Kate has a lot of magic herself and she uses it to catch supernatural creatures gone mad or people misusing their magic. This book follows Kate as she investigates the murder of here friend and guardian.


It is so full of supernatural creatures and powerful humans that I really couldn’t put the book down. There is also something very special about Kate herself but they never quite reveal. They give you plenty of hints that she is more powerful than she appears. I enjoyed every moment of this book, it has a bit of humor that makes it even more fun.


There were things I did not care for in the book because of my own personal preferences. I didn’t like the vampires in this book. Andrews makes them putrid creatures that are controlled by people who specialize in controlling the dead. If not controlled by a person they are only controlled by blood lust and have no mind of their own. They don’t even stand upright, there is little resemblance to a human.


I did however enjoy every minute of the world the shape shifters live in. She did spend some time describing the world of the pack and how some people went crazy when they changed and became out of control killing everything around them.


Over all I loved the book and have just finished the second book. There was a great deal of action and violence in this dark novel. Andrews gets an A+++ from me. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.


4 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations