Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Writing is Taking The Place of Reading

>> Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The last few days have been focused on spring cleaning and writing. I made a huge mistake and turned my computer off before saving pages of article ideas. I got a phone call and I was tired of looking at the computer screen so I just shut it off. I am sure that it asked me to save or warned me that I needed to save but I apparently clicked the wrong button and poof it was gone.

I did manage to submit an article to a paid site but it has yielded no monetary rewards at this juncture. I spent a great deal of time for a pay out of (if i ever get it) $3.50. Now I am not saying I won't try something like that again. I am just not very happy with the service at this particular site. I have repeatedly asked them why I can't look at the instructional videos and they either have a lot of requests or they are ignoring me.

I think I am going to start writing articles with my Yahoo Contributers/Associated Content account until I find the right place to submit articles. Please stop by and see what I have been working on.

I am really sorry that I have been slow on the book reviews. I have a few that still need to be completed and now that I am working on reviews for Literary Lunes I want to write two versions of each review. As soon as I catch up I will have a review for Bayou Moon (The Edge, Book 2).

I have a few books I am dying to read starting with Learning to Stand by Claudia Hall Christian and  then Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, Book 5). I really could use a good shape-shifter fix right about now so I might start with my favorite coyote. I also have some short stories to fill in the gaps now that I am getting busy. Hopefully some of this writing for free will eventually translate into some paid writing gigs.

4 comments:

  • Dr. Cheryl Carvajal
     

    So sorry about your computer mishap. I find it devastating whenever that happens. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, too.

  • allotments4you
     

    I learnt a while ago to save what I am doing every touch and turn...my philosophy is that you can never press that 'save' key too often!!

    Don't worry about the reviews...they will be great when you get around to doing them and we will all be here ready to read them!!

  • Jen Whitten
     

    I did that with a novel once. Another time, I was saving directly to USB and it malfunctioned and I lost 20 pages of work. (I was *really* on a roll that day.) If you can set up your writing program to autosave, I highly recommend that. That's saved me more times than I can count.

    Looking forward to your first review for Literary Lunes. I'll probably be the second person to read it since I edit all non-fiction submissions. :D

  • Unknown
     

    Thanks for the advice everyone. I had an interview for a part time job that I would love and I have a lot of writing to do for the next two weeks. If I get the job I will still have time for my other activities.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations