Monday, March 28, 2011

Under Her Skin Book Review

>> Monday, March 28, 2011

Under Her Skin is a collection of short stories that are guaranteed to get your heart rate up. They were just under a dollar for each story and well worth it because I am sure I will read them again. Each of them has a strong female at the center and a man that just gets Under Her Skin.


Jeaniene Frost provides us with a great story about a hiker who is bitten by a wolf and wakes up a prisoner in "Pack". She must come to terms with the changes that are coming in her life. She finds herself attracted to her captor despite the feelings of anger she has toward him.


"In Sheep's Clothing" by Meljean Brook was a fun story about a girl returning to her home away from home just in time to run into a serial killer. She left after a wolf attacked her and she has returned to a place where she can let the wild go and run free. She calls on her past love for help when the killer attacks her. They rekindle the old flame and hunt down a killer together.  It has a love story, a werewolf, and a serial killer, how could I not like it? This is the first I have heard of Brooks but I will be loading my Kindle with more of her writing in the near future.


"The Grace of Small Magics" by Ilona Andrews was excellent! I was on the edge of my seat almost the entire time. Grace has magic but not much and her family is in servitude to Clan Dreoch. They are called upon when there magic is needed and they do as they are told. Grace is different she does not just accept her fate she wants to bargain for her freedom or at least some worry free years of her life. You can actually find this story here.


If you like Ilona Andrews, the husband and wife writing team, it is worth signing up for the feeds or the newsletter here. I have read several of the short stories for free here and there is always something fun to read on the blog. I enjoy their writing so much I usually end up buying everything anyway but when the budget is tight it is really nice to have access to some free material by my favorite authors.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations