Thursday, January 6, 2011

Kitty Goes To Washington Book Review

>> Thursday, January 6, 2011

Kitty Goes to Washington is the second book in the Kitty Norville series by Carrie Vaughn. Kitty is a lone wolf that has taken her radio show, The Midnight Hour, on the road. She has no pack and no place to live she travels from city to city broadcasting her supernatural help line. She caters to vampires and werewolves and all sorts of other things that no one believes exist.

In this book Kitty is called to Washington to testify at a committee hearing for supernatural research. As soon as she hits the city limits she is hauled off by the city's head vampire and placed under her protection. She meets a fascinating bunch of were-animals as she explores the city and even starts a romance with a were-panther. Cormack the hired killer of all things that go bump in the night makes an appearance in the book as well.

In this book you start to learn more about the super secret branch of government that studies supernatural creatures and what they plan to do with that knowledge. You also get an front seat viewing of the cult that claimed to cure vampires and werewolves of there afflictions. You also meet a few new interesting characters along the way.

I was bored by the romance in this book it was flat and felt wrong to me. I kept thinking it was just a fling but I suppose the next book will clear that up. I would have liked to see Cormack a little more as well. I was a little disappointed in this book for quite some time.

 I just kept wondering when something exciting would happen. It started slow and I thought the story lines were roughly pulled together but after a while I found I was wrong. I highly enjoyed the book after the action started. The only thing that I really didn't like is you didn't get to see much of Kitty as a wolf and what you did see was not spectacular.

So I am going to give this book 3 out of 5 stars. I liked it but it has a slow start and there could have been much more interesting  action scenes. I would love to read the next book because there were some hints of some great romantic tension to come. I loved the first book because of the interaction between Kitty and her wolf and this book was really lacking in that.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations