Thursday, June 3, 2010

True Blood Season 1 Review

>> Thursday, June 3, 2010

This has been something I have been meaning to review for a long time. I watched True Blood: The Complete First Season (HBO Series) a long time ago and have had some trouble figuring out if i liked it or not. I have to say I did like it. I couldn't get enough of it to tell you the truth. If my hubby didn't want to watch it with me I would have sat down and watched it in just a few days. I could have done with much less detail on Jason's sex life but I really did enjoy the series.

You are not getting anything even close to the book series by Charliane Harris but if you can separate the books from the show it you might love it. I had trouble treating them as separate entities. My husband who has not read the books liked the series a lot. Now I must warn you this is for adults only! There is a lot of sex in the books but the series found a way to add more.

The series has some components of the books and in the first season the characters are pretty close to the books. They don't do all the same things but the plot line has some similarities. The basics are the same as the first book in the series. There is a serial murderer on the loose and Jason is the main suspect. Jason is Sookie Stackhouse's brother and she is the telepathic waitress who steals the show.... well at least in the books she does.

As in the books vampires have recently announced their existence. They feel it is the right move because of the invention of synthetic blood. The vampires are in demand for drug dealers because their blood gives a human a taste of what it is like to be a vampire.

In the television show they explore the inner lives of other characters especially Jason (not that he has a lot of thoughts). They do an excellent job with some of the characters and I really enjoyed the series but I still can't believe some of the changes they made.

They changed the end and they changed who staked a vampire and gave Bill a punishment that did not exist in the book. You will know when you watch it what I am talking about. Over all I think it was very well done but not really like the books.

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations