Friday, December 4, 2009

Last Few Weeks

>> Friday, December 4, 2009


I have a lot to do the last few weeks of school. I had a meltdown last week and just didn't get anything done. I did read Tempted the latest House of Night book and I have been reading a poetry book by Susan Deer Cloud who visited my Creative Writing class. I will have a few things to review when I finish classes. I have a 25 page portfolio to put together for creative writing. I have some of that done but I can't stop revising what I have to concentrate on what I don't have. I am just going to have to move on for now.

I also have portfolio for another class that I have to revise and organize. I have most of the work for that done except the 2-3 page summary and the 7-9 page final project. I am doing a film review and I think I am going to go with the first Transformers movie because I want this to be a fun project.

Then for another class I have a 5-7 page paper to do on The Scarlet Letter. I have been thinking about it since my last paper was due and I think I have some pretty good ideas. I think this class is primarily responsible for my string of migraines the last few weeks. This teacher makes me feel stupid. I have actually only had a few teachers like that in my life but they were math and science teachers. He is the reason I was starting to believe that I could never be a writer.

After some encouragement from another professor and a poet I feel more confident in my dream. It will just take longer than I expected because if I get a degree in English I need to pay cash for it. I will not go into debt to finance my dream.

3 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations