Friday, May 8, 2009

Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews

>> Friday, May 8, 2009




Kate Daniels works for the Order and gets a call about a dead shape-shifter. Kate checks it out and is denied access to the crime scene. Then her friend Derek a young werewolf finds himself in great danger.


Kate finds that she must hide things from the Pack leader, Curran the were-lion. I love the tension between Kate and Curran, the romance here is unusual to say the least.
Kate teams up with Jim the Pack’s head of security to solve the mystery of the dead were after Derek is seriously injured. There is a secret underground fighting scene in Atlanta where people pay top dollar to see others killed.


There is a strange team rising to the top called the Reapers. They seem to be mere men but they can perform feats only magical beings can. Everything seems to lead to these night games.
You will have to read the rest to find out what happens. This book was excellent I didn’t want to put it down. Had I started it on a Saturday I would have finished it with in hours. It took me two work days to get find enough time to devour this dark novel. I was hooked the minute I started the book and Kate had to rescue a banshee from a tree.
This dark novel gets 5 stars out of 5.

3 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations