Saturday, April 25, 2009

Book Review -- Twilight by Stephaie Meyer

>> Saturday, April 25, 2009

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer was the first review I posted on my Today.com blog. I have fixed some errors but for the most part it is that same review.

I finished this book in less than two days I was so taken with the writing I just could not put the book down. I read every free moment at work to see what would happen next. The odd thing for me is I am not really into love stories and this is definitely a love story first and vampire story second.

I felt so connected with the characters and with the visual imagery that I felt like I could see the story play out right in front of me. The book is about a young girl and a vampire who fall in love. Edward and Bella are the main characters and they are very likable characters.

Bella is very clumsy and has a lot of quirks yet she attracts the attention of all the guys when she moves to the town of Forks. Even with all the guys asking her out her feels like she is barely average.
I do have to say that I may have connected with this character because sometimes she reminds me of my younger self.

Edward is a vampire who lives with his vampire family and they don’t feed on humans like most of their kind. They hunt animals that makes them outcasts in the vampire world. Edward has the ability to read minds and he, can not read Bella’s mind which is why he finds her so interesting. He also has a terrible desire for her blood, which causes him conflict about seeing her. He is afraid he can not trust himself.

Without giving too much away they do end up working on all the issues and becoming close. When they do they become the target of a vampire, putting Edward and Bella and their families in quite a lot of danger. This book is full of drama and action but most of all it is an interesting twist on forbidden love.

I would recommend this book to just about anyone who can read. The romance is not overly sexual. I don’t recall much if any foul language in this book either. It felt very magical to me without all the witchcraft and other things that might be offensive to some. Vampire books often have things that offend but I saw none of that in this novel
This dark novel gets 5 stars out of 5.

1 comments:

  • Liggy
     

    I also finished this book in less than two days. It was not just an easy read but it was also too interesting to put down. Throughout the book, I felt like I was there with the characters...experiencing the feelings they were feeling and hearing the conversations they were having. I liked the book but personally, I would choose Eclipse as the best of the four books.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations