Saturday, April 25, 2009

Book Review -- New Moon by Stephanie Meyer

>> Saturday, April 25, 2009


Again this is an older review of mine. I have done some editing but nothing that changes how I felt about this dark novel.

I have actually been agonizing over this review I have started it about five times and gave up. I am going to finish it this time. I am going to get right to it, I didn’t like this book at all. There will be some spoilers in this review since I didn't have much to work with.

This is the second book in the Twilight Saga and I was very disappointed after reading the first book. The last few chapters were very good but most of the book seemed long and drawn out. Book three is really good so if you can make it through the second book it is worth the read for the next book.


At the start of New Moon Edward and Alice throw a party for Bella and she cuts her finger at the Cullens’ and all hell breaks loose. Jasper looses control and Bella gets hurt worse. So what do the Cullens’ do, they pull a classic Edward move and they all move away to protect Bella and their own family.

What does Bella do? What else, she whines and cries and mopes for months. Better translated way too many pages of Bellas’ zombie like state. Then she finds some dilapidated motorcycles and decides to take them to Jacob Black to help her fix them, so she can go do something dangerous.


If it wasn’t bad enough that half the book is about Bella’s depression the other half is about her relationship to Jacob who she is using to help her feel better. Just in case you can’t tell I hated Bella in this book.

She let this nice kid Jacob fall in love with her and then when he starts having trouble of his own she acts like she will die without him. He pushes her away as he is changing into the creature from his fathers stories. Just a bit after Jacob trusts her with his secrets, Alice comes back and wants her help to rescue Edward. What does Bella do? I bet you can guess I could, so I am going to give it away. She travels to another country to save Edward and leaves Jacob in the dust.

What I did enjoy about this book was the story line written for Jacob. Maybe I was supposed to hate Bella. I previously gave this book 2 out of 5 stars but have since decided to do half stars. Because I started to fall for Jacob in this book I will give it 2.5 stars.


2 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations