Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Abraxis Book Review

>> Tuesday, April 21, 2009


This book was sent to me by the author, Cinsearae Santiago, and again I was surprised at how well written Abraxis is. I really enjoyed the book, it was a quick read and it was definitely very dark. There are so many great authors out there I am pleased to be able to read books I may have never found otherwise.

Abraxis is centered around a young woman named Christine and her awakening into a life as a powerful being. She is walking home from work when bitten and nearly killed by a vampire. From the moment she wakes up things are different for her. She learns by accident that she has acquired some amazing new powers and none of the weakness of a typical vampire.

She is thrust into the vampire life quickly meeting her soul mate and fighting for him and his family of Vampires. The fight scenes are unbelievable and not for one with a weak stomach. Christine is full of the power of Abraxis as is Ryan, the man she quickly falls for. Their magic intensifies their attraction and brings a different kind of passion to the love scenes.

As Christine maneuvers her way through her new life she realizes just how much she was missing in her former life. One thing bothered me through this reading experience, and you won’t here me say this often, it was to fast paced. It skimmed over the romantic relationship building. What got to me the most is how quickly she discovered her amazing power and how quickly she went from accidentally killing people to having near full control.

I do recommend this book I believe it was well worth the time spent reading it. It was exciting from the first page to the last. I give this book 3 1/2 stars.

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations