Sunday, February 8, 2009

Confessions of a Crazy Lady

>> Sunday, February 8, 2009




Yes the crazy lady is the one and only me. I think I have gone over the sanity line trying to figure out how to produce a good review blog. Learning all the new technology and terms has driven my mind to dark places. I have been considering a long torturous death of my computer that doesn't always want to work with me.


I have been dreaming of beating my head against the wall until the right words come out, or I knock myself out. I have been plotting murder, or at least long term confinement, to get those who are annoying me out of my way, especially my dog.


Well I am being over dramatic but I really want my other blog to be successful, because I want my writing to be successful. I have bought a few books to brush up on the basics of good writing. I would really like my reviews and my own fiction to be noticed. I would love to be my own boss someday. I know I am not ready for that yet but I am working on it.


I started my blog with good intentions and it all got lost when I broke my hip. Even after that I realized I was not being serious about it. I finally asked for help and once I really got going and had a few good comments, I remembered how much I loved to write.


One of the books I picked up helped me realize that one of my biggest issues with writing is getting started. Once I have an opening paragraph and a good idea of some of what I want to write about, I can spend hours working on and perfecting each piece.


The other issue that is big for me is criticizing too much and deleting perfectly good material. This is one that is going to take some work. I do okay with reviews but not with my original work.


Well I am off to research some more about good writing and making my blog better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations