Sunday, February 20, 2011

Kate Daniels in Dark and Stormy Knights

>> Sunday, February 20, 2011

I love any story that comes from the Kate Daniels series. If you are a fan of this blog you know that I highly recommend this series. I will read the entire book over time but I wanted my Kate fix so I just read that short story by Illona Andrews called "A Questionable Client".

For those of you who would like to know it is the story of how Kate met Saiman. Since I have always enjoyed the interactions between these two characters I found the story to be a ton of fun. Saiman is crazy and he only looks out for himself. He has himself in a mess and he wants protection. Kate is a mercenary and has to take the call because no one else will. He won't tell her who she is protecting him from or why. This presents a great deal of questions on how to appropriately protect her charge. Also he seems bent on putting himself in harms way so it makes it even harder for her to do her job. Saiman never makes it easy and he never tells the whole truth but he always makes for fun reading material.

There is quite a bit of action packed into this short story which makes it all that much better. If I say too much more it will give it away too much. Once again I am really impressed by the writers. If you only collect one series I would suggest that it be anything with Kate Daniels in it.

1 comments:

  • allotments4you
     

    Every time I read one of your Kate Daniels reviews i want to go and buy one of her books...but I am going to restrain myself until i have read the book son my shelf first...plus I did treat myself to Ravena and the resurrected just the other day!!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations