Thursday, December 16, 2010

Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz Book Review

>> Thursday, December 16, 2010

Masquerade is the second book in the Blue Bloods Series by Melissa De La Cruz. You can find the review for the first book here. I can say I don't regret reading this book because it was entertaining. It helped me get through my first overnight shift once I could no longer read work related material and stay awake.

That being said I couldn't say I really loved the book either. The entire book felt like a set up for the next book. Since the book is short that may very well be what it was.

In review there are these vampire like beings that are actually angels...or rather fallen angels. They call themselves blue bloods. Schuyler is the only half blood among them as her mother took a human mate. There is some crazy thing going on where they are all come back after death into a new cycle and are forbidden to change anything. They are even supposed to keep the same mates unless one dies. So what her mother did was forbidden and now she is in a place of stasis. Schuyler is in love with a vampire that is has a mate and that is a great little side story.

There are also a band of really evil fallen angels that are called the silver bloods. There leader is Lucifer and they are a real nasty bunch. They feed off of their own kind and they are...well you don't learn much more about them in this book. You really don't learn that much about anyone in this book.

You find out little bits and pieces about Schuyler her and her friends Oliver and Bliss but you just get small juicy bits that lead your mind down a new path. I can't tell you or it will spoil you reading experience. You do not get much as far as romance goes in this book and you get very little action. You learn how far Mimi Force will go to get Schuyler out of the way but that is about all there is to this book.

My advice is that if you liked the first book just think of the second book as a transitional book that you need to read to understand the third book. While it was entertaining it was not really a great book. I wouldn't call it a waste of time but I am rather disappointed. I am only giving this book 2 of 5 stars . I just finished the third book and I will have a review for that soon.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations