Saturday, August 7, 2010

How Does One Figure Out What They Want To Be When They Grow Up

>> Saturday, August 7, 2010

I hate to say this but all the reading I have done in the last few months has been non-fiction. I have been working and looking for a second job. I have not found any work that I can do at home and at this point it looks like I will be working like 60 hours a week at two jobs at a minimum.

I am not excited about this but if I want to move out of this house we need to save. I really wanted to find a second part time job that would work around my hours at the auto shop. I only work 2 days and I can work weekends so I thought that would be easy to find. I was hoping for something that paid decent but nothing huge. Minimum wage is $7.30 an hour so I was hoping with a Bachelors degree I could make $10 an hour. Even with a full time 3rd shift factory job they want me to start at $9 an hour or less. I don't want to give up my day job for several reasons and the big one being if we apply for a mortgage they want your work history to be solid. If I am working somewhere that I just started they will assume I could loose that job at any time. If I am working at the job I have had for over three years now it will look better.

I over think things too so I am not sure how things will work out. We go to see a house tomorrow with five acres that was built in 2005 it is awesome looking and really cheap. I am only looking at things that are in our price range with our current down payment. I am generally disappointing by these houses because they need too much work but it never hurts to look.

So all that to say I won't have much reading time unless I get into a factory as a machine operator where you don't have to do anything but watch the press. I know I have a few readers out there who are interested in what is going on with me so I will try to do a better job of updating you. For now have a great end of your summer!

2 comments:

  • Dr. Cheryl Carvajal
     

    I really understand this.

    Just remember with the fixer-uppers, though, if they have solid framework and are in okay condition, you can always fix them up over time. My husband and I always talk about getting a brand new move-in ready home, but we never seem to! But then you can make the house exactly the way you want it.

    I'll keep my fingers crossed that your job search is successful.

  • allotments4you.com
     

    a fixer uppper is great as you soon make your hose your own and there is so much potential to them....but you have to feel the house is a home from the minute you see it...hesitation means less happiness in the long run but remember you have to see what you will make of the house...not just what is in front of you!!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations