Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I am done with school!

>> Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I submitted my last assignment today and I am not going back. I can not afford to spend that much money on another degree. I am not going to give up on my dream to do something I love for a living either. I already have a degree I don't need to waste money on another one. 


I love to read and I love to write but I also love to stay at home as much as possible. Gee do you think someone would pay me to read all day?? I hope I can do something from home someday but for now I will work part time out side of the home and attempt to submit some poems, articles and short stories on my days off. 


I am going to read up how to become a better writer. I might take some workshops to improve my writing but I am not going to go back to a big university right now. While I had two great teachers this semester I had one that I wanted to cuss out just about every class period. If you know me then you know that I use swear words sparingly and each time i entered his classroom I could feel them about to burst forth. I don't really want to deal with that again. I forgot how much of a burden school can be sometimes.



I am up past midnight which is unusual for me. I have been drinking coffee too late again hope I am not sounding like a crazy person. I kind of feel like one today. I am not sure what I want to be now that I am all grown up other than a writer and someone who doesn't have to travel to work.

6 comments:

  • Jeff King
     

    I would look into working for a literary agency...

    Read all day and who knows where it might lead.

    And like I said before, read or listen to Stephen Kings Book On Writing... it helped me a great deal, probably the most important thing I have read to date.

    Best of luck and happy holidays to you and your family.

  • Dr. Cheryl Carvajal
     

    School will not necessarily make you any better a writer than practice will. I'd take a (free) writers group any day over a classroom where one instructor was deciding whether my writing was any good or not.

    Then again, I teach that stuff, so I should be careful!

    Keep focused on what you want, and whether you ever get there or not will matter less than the joy of your journey.

  • Anonymous
     

    Keep moving forward, and what you want to be will be :-) Hugs!

  • Unknown
     

    Keep writing what is in your heart, and even if great success does not come quickly, at least you can be pleased with what you have done. Hang in there!

  • Stephanie
     

    Merry Christmas!

  • Petula
     

    I want to get another degree (master's in creative writing) 'cause I'd like to teach a college-level course. I really like going to college. I love the learning and reading, but I've found that the experience is also a good progressor as well. For instance, when I was getting my undergraduate degree in journalism I was able to skip taking an intro newspaper course 'cause I was already working part time at a local paper.

    Good luck reaching your goals. Although I don't think it's a waste of money, I think some great things can also be learned from writer's workshops, writing and reading groups, networking organizations and - like you said - reading, reading, reading. :)

    Happy New Year and nice to meet you!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations