Monday, November 2, 2009

Book Review -- Though None Go with Me by Jerry B. Jenkins

>> Monday, November 2, 2009


I was looking for an inspirational and uplifting book when I recognized this authors name. I read many of the books in the Left Behind series. I loved them when I was a teenager. So I thought I would give it a try.

This is a dark novel but not the kind I normally read. There is not one moment of anything uplifting in this book. It is so depressing I wanted to quit listening to it. I am glad it was one of my Audible credits. I cried a lot and it left me with a completely hopeless feeling. If you like that then this is the book for your. I hated it so much I can't even give it one star.

It is about a woman who commits herself fully to God. When she does every bad thing that could happen to her happens. Her life is pure misery and she is supposed to be a shining example of faith. She is also supposed to be happy that she has touched so many lives but lost everything. I thought it would be a story like that of Job who lost everything but because of his faith was blessed. This woman was never blessed. She had a few good years with a good man but that was it for her.
I don't think I serve the same God written about in this book. If I do I would seriously rather kill myself than live
through all this woman had to endure. Maybe I am just weak but I would take that over giving the God in this book my life and not having any reward this side of Heaven. I actually think if I were not a Christian and I picked this book up and read it cover to cover I would not have chose to become a Christian.
I really don't know what else to write about this book except don't waste your time unless you enjoy being depressed every moment you read the book. I even felt depressed when I would take a break.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations