Saturday, May 30, 2009

Living Dead In Dallas By Charlaine Harris

>> Saturday, May 30, 2009


Living Dead inDallas
By Charlaine Harris
This is the second book in the Southern Vampire series now called Sookie Stackhouse novels. Sookies’ association with supernatural creatures is getting her into all sorts of trouble. First she finds the body of Lafayette, a coworker and friend who has been brutally murdered and shoved into Detective Andy Bellefleur’s car.

Then Sookie and Bill are summoned by Eric, on their way there Sookie is attacked by a new mythological creature and poisoned. When they arrive at Erics’ she is near death and the vampires save her life. She is asked to go toDallas to help find a missing vampire with her telepathic skills.

While trying to find the missing vampire she gets herself captured by the Fellowship of the Sun, an anti-vampire cult. The Fellowship acts like they are doing Gods work by disposing of vampires and all humans who associate with them.


There are a lot of plot twists and turns in this book and there is not a boring moment. Sookie is becoming like a detective using her telepathic power to solve human and vampire mysteries. I have to say I couldn’t put this book down, it sucked me in from the first few pages. There is so much going on in this book you just can’t wait until later to find out what happens next.


Over all I think this is an excellent book, it really keeps you wanting more. I am going to give this book 5 out of 5 stars. I went into the book expecting things that I would not like but a fun story and Harris gave me what I wanted. The complaint I have with these books is that I find that the sex takes away from the story instead of adding to it. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars

1 comments:

  • Desert Rose
     

    Oh I loved this book too, well actually I love this whole series :)

    I linked to your review here :)
    http://desertrosebooklogue.blogspot.com/2008/12/living-dead-in-dallas-by-charlaine.html

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations