Friday, April 24, 2009

>> Friday, April 24, 2009



Claimed By Shadow is the second book in the Cassandra Palmer series. I think Karen Chance is one of my new favorite authors. I like the way she works with her characters and the world she builds around them.


I liked this dark novel as much if not more than that last Cassandra Palmer book, Touch the Dark. Cassandra now had the power of the Pythia, and has had no formal training. This means she has great power with no idea how to use it.


Cassandra has also not completed the ritual that will give her full access to the power she isn't even sure she wants. The other issue is that she has to sleep with someone to complete the ritual.


The first thing she feels she must do is eliminate the threat on her life and then get revenge for her father. The woman who was supposed to inherit the power and was trained for the title is attempting to erase Cassandra. The Pythia can travel in time and with that ability it would be easy to go back and change things.


This means Cassie has to find her before she deletes her permanently. This leads Cassie, to Faerie with Thomas, and Pritkin , one of his friends and a crazy vampire. This unlikely bunch travels into a world that doesn't want them their.


I was entranced by the world of Faerie that Chance created. I already enjoyed her modern day look at the supernatural. This world and the creatures in it were as vivid to me as watching them on screen.


There was a lot of action in Faerie where even the trees have magic. This book was actually full of action from the beginning to the end. The only thing I didn't like was Cassie was so reluctant to use her power. I understood why but I still wanted to see her kick some supernatural ass.
She did eventually make some life changing decisions when things got personal. I just need to learn some patience.


I am giving this book 5 stars the best rating I give. I bought two more books and the first in Karen Chance's new series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations