Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Book Review -- Witch Fire By Anya Bast

>> Tuesday, April 21, 2009



Anya Bast had me blushing all the way through Witch Fire, the first book in the Elemental Witches Series. In case you are not at all into hot, steamy, erotic sex scenes you might want to stay away from this book.

If love a good love scene this is the right book for you, well that is it you like to be tied up. This dark novel is had me wanting more from the first page to the last page. Not just more of the book either. Lets just say my husband reaped some benefits from my reading that week.

I have not always thought of myself as a big romance reader. I have found too much sex in a book can distract from the good stuff. It sometimes feels like filler material, but apparently not when it is done well.

Witch Fire is about a waitress named Mira, who practices Wicca but does not believe in the magical aspects or her religion. Then she meets Jack who saves her from a brutal attack at her apartment and proceeds to take her against her will.

Jack is a fire witch and he keeps telling her she is an air witch. He was sent to protect her from an evil warlock that is trying to sacrifice her. She was not raised as a witch at the request of her parents, so she finds all of this hard to believe.

Jack knows there is a natural attraction between air and fire so he tries to keep the sexual tension down to a minimum. He is not successful with this and he knows he could be in big trouble when his boss finds out.

I loved the interactions with Jack and Mira, they seemed so passionate. The more they were together the more I wanted them to stay together. I couldn’t get enough of there intoxicating attraction.

The love story was really the focus of this book but there was still a ton of action and blood shed. It was also very interesting to watch Mira learn what she really was as Jack teaches her how to wield her power.

I loved this dark novel and can’t wait for more. I bought two more books in my last shipment so you will see more reviews soon. This dark novel gets five stars out of five.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations