Monday, March 7, 2011

Should I Buy a Kindle?

>> Monday, March 7, 2011

I have been thinking about the plus side to having a Kindle for some time now. I buy almost all of my books from Amazon.com so it would be the natural choice. I like the screen on these devices as well. It looks more like a book than most devices I have run across. 


My hubby and I went to Best Buy last night so he could get the new Pokemon game (yes we are strange we love some of those cute kids games) and I looked at the Kindle, iPad, Nook and a few other devices. I liked the Kindle the best but I am still not sure I want to switch. It would be much more convenient in many ways.


We have limited space in this house and my books are everywhere so the device is very appealing to me just for organization purposes. I have run out of space on my book shelves and just cram books anywhere they fit these days. I don't intend to stop reading so the Kindle is a logical choice.


If you have a Kindle let me know what you think of it. It is not like I have to make my decision today so give me your honest opinion.

2 comments:

  • Anonymous
     

    I saw a lady at my kids' martial arts class the other day. She had a Kindle. I commented on it. She said she absolutely loves it and takes it everywhere she goes. She told me it holds more digital books than she imagined and she donated a ton of her paper books to the local library after buying the Kindle. Hope this helps :-)

  • allotments4you
     

    I got a kindle for Christmas from my hubby and I absolutely love it.

    I have always been a huge reader and I have had to donate many books as I just didn't have space to keep them all.

    I got my first major use out of my Kindle when we went away for a few days. we took the train and it was so much easier than having a book. Being nice and slimline it fit into my bag easily and I didn't have to worry about losing my page. The backlighting on the screen is excellent and you get no glare at all.

    One of the major plus sides is the built in dictionary so if you do come across an unfamiliar word you don't have to worry about it as you can look it right up.

    Another major plus I have found is that there are some free books and also some that are really cheap which has given me the optoin of trying things that I have decided against before...plus I can have several different books in one little device and so read to my current mood.
    Then of course there is the fact that there are now books that are being written and published but not actually printed.....check here...http://www.smashwords.com/.....lets face it...no-one is comfy reading an entire novel at there computer!!


    Of course I still love my traditional books and will still buy some of my favourite series this way but I will be buying many books for my kindle...and at the same time helping save a few trees too.

    I have looked at the sony reader but didn't find it as easy to navigate or comfortable to use.

    I guess I am just a great advert for the kindle...maybe I should ask Amazon for some publicity money...lol.

    All of this of course is just my opinion on it...but being as big a bookworm as what you are I think you will really enjoy it too!!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations