Sunday, August 15, 2010

Grave Sight by Charliane Harris Book Review

>> Sunday, August 15, 2010

I couldn't sleep last night even though I was tired so I went to my spare room with all the books I have not read and after a few minutes decided on this book. I didn't really want to read another vampire book. Not that I am burned out on vamps but I just wanted something different. I love Charlaine Harris and her writing style appeals to me so I chose a book with a whole new supernatural theme.

Grave Sight is the first book in the Harper Connelley Mysteries. I picked it up and read for hours then I slept a few hours and spent the better part of my Sunday reading. I can't say it was full of action and suspense but it was full intrigue and mystery and just a touch of the supernatural. I like a good mystery and this book delivered.

It was a fun read and a great set up story for some interesting characters in the books to come. Harper Connely is the main character along with her brother Tolliver. They travel around to help people find their missing loved ones. Harper has a unique gift that gives  her the ability to sense dead people and when she finds them she can tell the cause of death. She was stuck by lightning as a child and has had the gift since then and she use it to make a living. She is summoned to a town to find a girl that has been missing and presumed dead. She does her job and leaves when she gets summoned back to the town because they were the last people to talk to a woman who was murdered the day they left. They come back and end up stuck there trying to solve a mystery and that is not in their job description.

As they are drug deeper into this case they discover there is a killer on the loose and that their lives are in danger. I liked the book a lot but I had much of the mystery figured out well before the end of the book. I enjoyed watching it come together in the end and Harris did tie up all the loose ends. I won't spoil it for anyone else but I did know the why and the who for quite some time. Maybe it is because I watch and read a lot of stuff like this. Maybe it was supposed to be predictable but no matter what I did enjoy the book and if I can find more at the library I will read them. I give this book 3.5 out out of five stars.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations