Monday, June 7, 2010

Do You Make Money Blogging?

>> Monday, June 7, 2010

ADVERTISING UPDATE
Okay so I have been looking at all the cents that I am making but nothing ads up to a paycheck. It will someday but I have been using Adsense for over a year and have like 35 dollars.I have been paid a few times with Adgetize but I usually use it to advertise. I have also earned a few cents with Amazon and a few dollars with the network I use for advertising Audible.

The only time I make any money and that would be something like a few cents a day is when I spend hours dropping cards and write a post everyday. I could handle the posting everyday part if it would help but it seems that the clicking on Entrecard and Adgetize widgets is the most effective. It still only yields a few cents a day.

I would love to make say $100 dollars a month from blogs but I don't have loads of time to spend promoting my blog. So for now I am just going to keep the advertising I have and work on quality blog posts on my days off. I am going to look for other ways to make money starting with a garage sale where I give up many of my precious books. I am getting rid of most of my fiction and a lot of my non-fiction stuff. I am going to utilize the library that is just a few blocks away. I am also not selling the books that I have not read yet. I am keeping the books I have in the Mercy Thompson Series and the Kate Daniels series because I love them. I will ad the new ones to the collection if my garage sale proceeds are enough. I am not buying books anymore except a few of my favorites. The library will be my new best friend.

I am going to check out the library and see if they have any of the books that Amazon has on blogging for money but I am guessing that you have to make too many changes to a blog to really make any money. I don't want to have to sell my blogging soul for the dollar. Blogging is a hobby and when I focus on the money it is not fun anymore. I don't think I will have a lot of advertising updates from now on as I am going to just relax and try to make some money on other things. If some miracle happens and I start to make some money I will revisit.
By the way I really want to thank everyone who reads my blog for their support!!!

2 comments:

  • allotments4you.com
     

    I have never even attempted to make any money blogging...my blog is kind of like a diary for me and my hubby set it up mainly because he was sick of listening rant on about my allotment...I don't think I would want to try to make money out of it...I have a hard enough job just doing entrecard...let alone anything else!!!

  • imelda
     

    blogging has less earnings now than b4, but i make a few cents and it helps somehow

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations