Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vampires, Witches or Wolves

>> Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I have to say I used to love a great vampire book. I started reading fiction again because of the great vampire books I stumbled across. I love the Sookie Stackhouse books and some of the Twilight books are not too bad. The House of Night series was full of exciting twists and turns despite the unlikable teenagers.

Things went on like this and then I picked up some fantasy books that included werewolves or witches as the main characters and even the Charlaine Harris novels took started to focus on a supernatural world not just vampires.

I have grown particularly fond of shape-shifter stories especially that of wolves. I am not sure what it is that makes me crave a good story with a person who can become a wolf or in some cases a lion or coyote. A few witches and some exceptional vampires catch my attention and keep it but it is the wolf that I really enjoy. Maybe it is just because I love these beautiful creatures or just because I am a dog person...who knows?

So what type of book do you prefer?

If you have a moment and are intrested in nutriton products please check out my Herbalife Website  

5 comments:

  • Jeff King
     

    I love fantasy in all forms. The key factor for me is a fun story mixed with an epic adventure, with great characters of course.

  • allotments4you
     

    I like the vampire, witchy, fairie, shapeshifter books....I also like the books that aren't totally fantasy but are fantastical....I don't even know if that sounds right.

    I think the thing I look at when picking a book is if it will take me out of the real world for a while into a whole new place....i read for relaxation and so love to be 'going' somewhere else.

    I have just finished reading the 4th Cassandra Clare book...have you read any of these?? If you are liking all the above then you should definitely look into the Mortal Instruments series...it covers all of the above and a little bit more too...I'd love to know what you think.

  • sundcarrie
     

    I have not read the Clare books. I still have a ton to read before I buy more (except a few select series that I always buy) I am sure I would love them. I do love to be taken away from this world as it is.

  • Jenny
     

    I really quite enjoy anything to do with werewolves.... but at the same time I really like ghosts and people who can talk to them, see them, command them... and so on. YOU REALLY SHOULD READ KELLEY ARMSTRONG'S OTHERWORLD SERIES! I have all of the books and it gives you MASSIVE AMOUNTS of werewolves, quite a bit of "necromancers", a small portion of Vampires and just the right amount of Witches. Out of every book I have ever read this is the best series (and by far my favorite author... read her darkest powers trilogy and then she has a new one called darkness rising: the gathering) <----- which i have all of them as well! DO IT! i promise, you wont regret it =)

  • allotments4you
     

    I love Kelley Armstong...we have quite a few of those!!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations