Monday, June 6, 2011

Silver Borne Book Review

>> Monday, June 6, 2011

Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, Book 5) by Patricia Briggs

I had been putting off reading this book because I knew once I picked it up I wouldn't be able to put it down. I have a fondness for Mercy Thompson and her coyote. Mercy spent a bit too much time in her human skin for me in this book but I can honestly say that was the only thing I didn't like about this book.

This book has a lot going on and all of it is interesting. As is usual in this series a lot of seemingly unrelated things happen in the first few chapters and then they become an intricate web of some big bad master plan. This adventure revolves around a magical fae book she borrowed. Returning the book proves to be a challenge as the owner is missing and strange and sometimes unfriendly fae are blocking her investigation.

Mercy is Adams mate now and she is having major issues with the mate and pack bonds.She doesn't like having the pack in her head. Their union has caused a great deal of unrest in the pack. Many of the members don't believe that a coyote is fit for the pack Alpha and they are plotting against her. Adam is impressive in this book and he deals very well with just about everything that comes his way even the massive panic attacks that Mercy suffers from. Now I am not saying that he isn't possessive and overbearing at times but he tries really hard to let Mercy be herself. They are a fun couple and I just love the interaction between them.

There was a time where I was kind of torn between Mercy's two love interests and kind of rooting for Samuel  a little because he was just like a big puppy most of the time instead of a wolf. One that could be lethal if needed but calm and cool the majority of the time. Samuel is an old wolf and he has lost the battle for Mercy's affections, he is depressed and wants to end his life. He sees nothing to live for and he spends a great deal of this book as a big white wolf. Mercy is charged with finding a reason for Samuel to want to live on top of her busy schedule of finding Phin, the bookstore owner, and making peace with the pack.

While I love the these books I would really hate to be Mercy Thompson as she never seems to catch a break. If it were not for Zee and her trusty helper Gabriel she would not be able to keep her auto shop open as she is always running around fixing fae, vampire, and wolf problems. She seems to have very little time for working on cars. She never gets to sit down and just breath or get on all fours and run. It makes for some great reading and I highly recommend you pick this book up. This book gets 5 out of 5 stars.

5 comments:

  • Jeff King
     

    Thx... nice review.

  • allotments4you
     

    I do like Patricia Briggs and have read some of her stuff in the past...i don't have this book though so it's one for me to keep in mind.... thanks.

  • k and k world
     

    great article! have a bless day!

  • Jenny
     

    I'm reading it as I type. I'm on the third chapter right now and it just keeps getting more and more interesting. LOVE IT! and i to was the same with wanting Mercy to be with Samuel... but also wanting her with Adam. I'm glad Adam won though... his and Mercy's personalities make for some fun reading =)

  • Jenny
     

    so.... i just finished this book. AMAZING! I've been so busy lately it was killing me that I didn't just have time to sit down and read it! but now that I'm finished all i can say is I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE! which there had better be a next one. Thanks for turning me on to Patricia Briggs! She's almost as good as Kelley Armstrong, but not quite =)

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations