Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dance In The Vampire Bund Anime Review

>> Thursday, April 29, 2010

I found this anime Dance In The Vampire Bund on Hulu when searching for vampire stuff. As you all know I love those seductive blood sucking creatures. So since I love anime I thought I would check it out.


It was subtitled and the first episode was rather silly. I thought I was not going to like it but I went on to watch the second episode and then spent several hours watching the whole thing. I was drawn in by the lead character Mina Tepes a vampire that looks like a young school girl. She announces that she is the leader of all vampires and that she wants to create a haven for her kind.


She is cute and sassy and she can be absolutely ruthless. Her love Akira, is a young boy who starts out with no memory of who he is. As he gradually remembers who he is secrets from the past come to light. There is a werewolf clan that protects Mina and there are vampires out to assassinate her. I loved the concept of this anime but I kept waiting for more. Mina seems to be very powerful but you don't often see that in the first season of this series. The werewolves could use much more screen time as well and the relationship between Mina and Akira is shallow up to this point. I know they are trying not to give too much away at once but they are really lacking in character building. Also for a vampire anime there was a whole lot of political talk and not enough blood sucking.


One thing that was I found amazing was that it was very visually pleasing to me even with the blurs when there was a topless character. I loved watching this anime and if I had more time to watch things again I would watch more and read less. I enjoyed Mina's character as well she is a very troubled vampire with a heart for her people but an absolutely evil side to her it is fun to watch her as she tries to manipulate things and people to get her way. She is looking like one you will love to hate. Over all I would recommend this anime but it would not be on the top of my list. It was good but not great. I was not entirely pleased with the ending but there has to be another season so I guess you have to leave it without tying up all the loose ends.

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations