Sunday, June 7, 2009

Vampire Kisses By Ellen Schreiber

>> Sunday, June 7, 2009


Vampire Kisses

By Ellen Schreiber

Vampire Kisses is about a Goth girl named Raven living in a small town she calls Dullsville. Raven is quite the outcast being the only Goth teen in her town, and Becky is her only friend. Ravens’ parents were serious hippies when she was young and they are rather accepting of her style. She loves vampires movies and is obsessed with black. On Raven’s 16th birthday a new creepy family moves into the creepy mansion that has been boarded up for years. She is excited about the new family in town and sets out to find out who they are. In Dullsville the rumor is the new family is vampires.

This is a great quick read, I finished it in a few hours. It is billed as a teen romance but there isn’t much in the first book. I loved this book despite the fact that it was written with teen girls in mind. It was refreshing to read a book that I could actually recommend to teens. Also I loved her family interactions, while she could be a typical snotty teen she also loved her family and knew they loved her too.

My rating for this book is a 3 ½ our of 5 because there is not a lot of depth to this book at all. There really isn’t anything I didn’t like about this book but on the other hand there was nothing that was particularly exciting. It was very cute and for gossipy young teen girls it will be a gold mine but for me it was a little shallow. I bought three books but I am sure they will all be short reviews because they are really short books.

4 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations