Sunday, December 26, 2010

Revelations Blue Bloods Book 3 Review

>> Sunday, December 26, 2010

Revelations is the third book in the Blue Bloods Series by Melissa De La Cruz. The first two reviews Blue Bloods and Masquerade can be found by clicking on the links. I liked this book much better than the last one. There was quite a bit of action toward the end of the book and as promised some surprising revelations.

The story line is coming together nicely in this book. You learn so much more about the characters and the developments are amazing. So by the end of the book you know who many of the silver bloods are and who some of the blue bloods that are on the wrong side of the game are.

I am still having a hard time buying this whole vampire angel thing but in this book I started to forget about it. I usually don't have a hard time shutting off my reality meter when reading fiction but until this book I just was not buying the theory. I am not sure I ever will but it is getting good enough that I can just go with the flow. I am giving this book a 4 out of 5 stars because I really do want to know what happens next.

In this book you get to see Schuyler develop as a young woman in love as well as a very powerful blue blood. You get to see her grow up a little and make some tough choices and you get to see her realize some of her power. Under the guidance of her grandfather she and many of the other blue bloods are preparing for war. They once lax council is no longer protecting the innocence of the young vampires but teaching them to wield their power when needed. Schuyler has been sent to live with the Force family but she is still learning a great deal as her grandfather has taken over the council.

Schuyler is on stage for a big fashion event and she senses a great evil and she just runs off stage right to her grandfather. He gives her a pep talk and shortly thereafter is summoned away. This is where the story gets really good and you really need to read the book to find out more.

Along the way I really started to fall in love with Oliver, Schuyler best friend and human conduit as well as her human familiar. He is a great guy any way you look at it and I can see a future of great pain for him. I can also see me crying my eyes out when he gets hurt because I tend to like him too much.

In this book you also get to see Dylan again and learn a great deal about what made him crazy. You learn more about Bliss and her sister and the plot twists here are amazing. I had my suspicions from the last book but what happens will really blow you away.


All in all I am glad I read the first two books to get to this one. The plot that they were hinting at in the first few books really comes together nicely in this one. You have two types of vampires that are going to go to war. They were almost all fallen angels and a few that came to fight of their own free will. The blue bloods were those who chose not to follow Lucifer and the silver bloods are those who follow him. There are those who have changed sides and those who are still on the fence but you will soon learn more.

Happy reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations