Saturday, May 2, 2009

Gardening

>> Saturday, May 2, 2009

Well it is a beautiful day and I have been working in the yard all morning. My fingers are sore from pulling weeds and so is my hip. In case you don't know I broke my hip in the winter I am healing well but sitting on the stones trying to pull grass and weeds from between them is making me hurt.

I am hoping to put roses on the side of the house and plant a variety of veggies behind the garage. There is a differential (giant car part) in the middle of the vegetable garden to be. So I am taking a break as I wait on my step-dad to come pick that up.

On the blogging not my hope is to be able to organize links and post a list of all the sites I have discovered and love to visit. I also hope to get reviews for The Fey and The Girl Who Stopped Swimming up. I loved both books, but for now I am going to use the non-rainy times to work outside. The weather is crazy here right now so I have to take advantage of the time I have.

Once things are planted and all the overgrown stuff is taken care of it won't take up so much of my time. I do enjoy the time outside I am very happy to have this time!

3 comments:

  • Dr. Cheryl Carvajal
     

    I am so enjoying the gardening right now, too. My Friday post was on lilacs, since the ones I'd planted last year are now blooming.

    So sorry it hurts for you to garden. I just find my knees are a bit gimpy if I do it for more than a few hours at a time.

    I still appreciate the weather, though. So pretty now...

  • Phyl
     

    I hope the gardening becomes more and more enjoyable and it becomes easier for you. Even though I've only got containers on my balcony, I know how soothing and pleasant it is to work with the plants and see them progress.

  • Live, Love, Laugh, Write!
     

    Sounds like fun! Thanks for the get well wishes :) And yeah - it does always seem to happen when I'm finally getting better!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations