Sunday, February 22, 2009

Reading Too Many Books at Once!

>> Sunday, February 22, 2009


In the last few weeks I have started a book on freelance writing, and one about fiction writing.
I also read all of the first book in the Kitty Norville series.
The other book I am reading is a general book on how to improve writing, I don't like this book and keep putting it down. The book is outdated and talks about typewriters and never mentions Internet based resources. I have to read through a lot of extremely outdated and useless material to get the juicy bits in the midst.


I believe I will give up on that one for now and work on the exercises in the other two books. I like these books because they are laid out well and have work for you to do in each chapter. I particularly like "Writing Fiction" from Gotham Writers' Workshop. It has already sparked my creativity by showing me how to take mundane things and make them into fictional stories. Even my madding visit to the doctor that made me really late for work, could be used in a story.


I think I am going to work on an erotic story for my husband and see if he responds to it better than poetry. I got the idea actually from one of the exercises in the fiction writing book. It challenged me to think of things going on in my life that could make a great story. My husband has been paying more attention to me lately and we have been connecting more lately. I hadn't put much thought into it I was just trying to enjoy it. I realized that many people who have been married for a long time go through dry spells. Spells were you just drone on, existing together and not much more. The story lies in what brings you out of it what creates new passion in your old relationship.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations