Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Life sometimes gets in the way, but I am back!

>> Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Where I have been
I have been busy doing this and that and opening a new business. I have tried to make money with direct sales and business and jobs that just were not working for me. Well actually that is an understatement they were disastrous failures on my part. It took me a long time to realize I was not a good match and trying to sell products I either didn't believe in, or in most cases didn't want to pressure people to buy was sucking the life out of me.

I finally decided to open my own business as a pole dance fitness instructor. What could be better than taking something I am passionate about and making it my career. FitGirl Studio was born....Okay it was not actually born right away it was an idea in my head for many months before I took the plunge.  I even took a course to become a personal trainer for some credibility beyond my years of pole dance experience. Now I love every session I do and am never saying I don't want to go to work today when I have sessions planned.

There is also a lot of behind the scenes stuff that is taking up much of my time and those are the days I feel like I don't want to go to work or to the next networking event or .....well get out of bed. I am going to be honest, I completely dread this part of business. Don't get me wrong I do like people but it takes a lot of work crawling out of my comfort zone to network with people.

In case you have yet to notice I am not a naturally outgoing person as I would rather spend an evening with a good book than going to a banquet. I would much rather donate a prize to a charity than show up at the event and chat with people.

I am thinking this blog would be a great place to plan my occasional retreat from reality. By that I really I mean force myself to have that retreat by at least promising to read a book a month and review it. This means I will at least have to review the books I have read recently and continue to make some time to just relax and read a good book.




Dark Novels Future!
Yes, there is a future for this blog I will just be mixing in some diary posts and when I do have some time maybe some fun FitGirl fiction. What could be better than a pole dancing superhero! So if you would like to see some fiction head over to my website www.fit-girl.com take a look at what I do and tell me what kind of stories you would like to hear!

I have not given up reading I just won't be reading a book a week like I used to. I do think I can manage a book a month and I can go back and review the story lines of some of the books I  have recently read start giving reviews again. I need a little getaway from all the stresses of running a business. So in the near future look forward to some Mercy Thompson and Kate Daniels reviews.

2 comments:

  • Tanya Walton
     

    Hi Carrie, so nice to see you back after such a long break and with such a positive attitude!! I went over and checked out your blogand I have to say I am impressed. Like you I am not overly outgoing and enjoy spending time at home. I have never done or been inclined to do any fitness classes ever. However after reading through your blog and watching the video I found myself thinking that I wouldn't mind trying that...I love different and although I haven't done fitness classes did enjoy my trampolining which I did a few years ago.

    I know your blog had always been about book reviews but nothing says you can't change that...after all I now write about all sorts on mine...people keep coming back so I guess it's not that bad!!

    Diary posts area a great idea...and a 'fitgirl' superhero would be awesome...you can even write stories from funnies that happen in your classes!!

    Looking forward to your next post. xx

  • sundcarrie
     

    Thanks Tanya! Hope all is well with you!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Networked Blogs

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations